Frequently asked questions
What language will the main session be in?
Our New Ground Festival will take place in English, with no translation. Our kids programme will take place in English and Dutch.
What are the different types of tickets available?
Our tickets are for attending the sessions and other activities. They are arranged by age:
- Adult (18+)
- Teen (13-17)
- Child (3-12)
- Baby (0-3)
Accommodation is booked separately.
There is a ticket option that indicates you are staying off-site or arranging your own accommodation.
There is also the option to book day tickets for each of these age groups.
If you are interested in serving at the festival, please make sure you indicate this when booking your ticket.
If you are attending the event from Berlin, please click this link to contact us.
Will there be bus transportation?
Yes, from The Hague and Delft. This costs €25 for adults and is free for children. The plan at the moment is for the bus to leave from Hotel Babylon, The Hague at 16:00 and leave IKEA, Delft at 16:30. Final details will be confirmed in May.
I am going to be taking public transport. What is the nearest train station? How can I get from the train station to the camp ground?
The nearest train station to the camp ground is Barneveld Noord. From here, it takes 10 minutes by car to the camp ground which could either be by taxi or by our shuttle service. We can arrange for you to be transported from this train station to the camp ground. If you are interested in this, please add the shuttle service option to your booking.
What are the different accommodation options?
Please see our accommodation page for more information.
What will the programme be for the weekend?
Please see the programme page for more details.
What are the arrangements for food over the weekend?
You will be responsible for arranging your own meals for the weekend (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast & lunch and Sunday breakfast & lunch). There is a store on-site which will be open on Friday until 5pm and on Saturday from 9am until 12pm. It is closed on Sunday. There is a snackbar on site which will be open on Friday evening from 5:30pm to 7pm and on Saturday from 12:30pm until 2pm. The nearest shops in Voorthuizen are a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk away. You might want to consider forming meal groups with others you know on site to share the responsibility.
The only exception is that we are providing is the BBQ on Saturday evening. If you have any allergies we need to be aware of for this meal, please make sure you indicate this under ‘special requirements’ when booking your tickets.
I am interested in serving during the weekend. What do I need to know?
When booking your tickets, there is an option you can select to indicate that you would like to serve. Here are the options:
- Check in and check out: You will help to check everyone in and give them the information and wristbands for the Festival. When checking out, you will help to collect everyone’s keys and make sure that all the accommodations have been left as they were found on Friday afternoon! You will serve twice during the weekend.
- Catering: You will help to prepare and serve tea, coffee, drinks and snacks at various moments throughout the weekend. If you serve with catering, you will receive a 25 EUR discount off of your ticket price. The booking system will automatically deduct this from the final total price. You will serve two to three times during the weekend.
- Kids work: You will help with the kids work that takes place during the main meetings. You will serve two to three times during the weekend. If you serve in kids work, your ticket for the Festival will be free. The booking system will automatically deduct your ticket price from the final total price. Please note that you will have to comply with our Child Protection Policy which will be emailed to you. This will need to be read, signed and returned to us before 15th May in order for you to be able to serve in kids work.
- Youth work: You will help with the youth work that takes place during the main meetings. You will serve two to three times during the weekend. Please note that you will have to comply with our Child Protection Policy which will be emailed to you. This will need to be read, signed and returned to us before 15th May in order for you to be able to serve with the youth.
- Stewards: You will help to check everyone attending the main meetings. You will serve two to three time during the weekend and you will be able to sit in most meetings.
I am going to book an accommodation with a kitchen. What can I expect to find in the kitchen?
Your kitchen includes dinnerware, glasses, mugs, and utensils for as many as it houses (for example, if it sleeps 6, then everything is included for 6 people). In addition to this, you will find all items necessary to cook meals–including:
- Pots and pans
- Casserole dish
- Serving bowls
- Coffee maker
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Bread knife
- Wooden and serving spoons
In each accommodation, you will have outdoor seating and some have outdoor tables.
Who can I contact during the festival if I have questions?
During the festival there are a number of people that can help you.
We have stewards during the meetings and an organizational team during check-in and check-out times. All of whom have walkie talkies and badges. They will be able to help you with anything practical.
There will also be a trained BHV (first-aid and safety) team on duty throughout the event.
For more information and telephone numbers, have a look in the booklet you are handed at the start of the festival.